Followers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I want a hippopotamus for christmas ... :D


Just when you thought all episodes of insanity were over from my side...here come the rum-balls  !! :D
They are my ultimate sinful indulgence.. dipped in thick chocolate sauce...not only do they satiate my sweet tooth, they actually are my means to happiness and obesity :D, a goal I have been aiming for the last 15 years of my life...
Imagine this ..
What happens when two nappy buddies go rum-ball hunting ?
They find it ...obviously, but what happens when they go hunting for it in 6 degree celsius? 
Awww....come on ...they still find it :D but the chocolate sauce does not remain saucy :(
Now ...answer this...what does a craft nerd like me  do to solve it ??  :O
Check below .. :D :D :D 

|
|
\|/


Yes my dear mortals ...the lunatic visible in the pic above is heating her rum-ball with her very pink American crafts Heat Gun !!! :D :D :D  Talk about multipurpose appliances. 
Yessss...I am a pathological case when it comes to my sweet tooth cravings ..! 
So it was perfect..I took a bite and then I ended up reheating the core of the ball again and again .. :P
Hmm...what if I make noodles too ?? Naah..I don't have the patience .. and what if American Crafts people sue me ?  Scary thought..  :O

But ...seriously do I look mentally balanced enough to marry someone ? 
Yes the good ol' parental concern is beginning to itch now, it nags me in my sleep too. I have been trying to convey the same to my very normal progenitors..that tragedies happen..not every child is normal, not every child grows into a normal being and not every child manages a feat like above :D .. 
What if I cut off my counterpart's trousers to provide texture to my cards ?? Or he finds a bunny made out of his favourite sweater and sock? what if ...what if ...phew.
Lets just forget the usual ramblings of my mind ..! 

Let me just show you the card I made keeping in mind the ICRC13 :D
Yes People ...I am highly motivated ..I won the ICRC12 ..woohooo [
 (Although I am still wide eyed about it) but ....but..I have taken a screenshot of the winner badge :D and I will paste it on my CV. How neat is that ?? 
Uhhh...yes on MY ACADEMIC CV ..(The panel members everywhere need to understand that there is more to life than being an everyday bookworm) 


Its a very basic christmas card :D and I had fun making it !

 

The background is made by me and so are the snowflakes :D
I have artoons popcorn pens ..which have this white liquid that pops up into snow effect or popcorn effect or whatever  when one uses heat gun on them ...

Below is a pic of the lil santa bear I drew and wrote the sentiment. I plan to use it on some card.
Both the bears are stampfairy inspirations.
Would love your feedback on the card, while I hunt down challenges to enter my cards in..


Supplies Used:
1. 200 gsm royal blue card stock - local buy
2. Tsukineko Memento Dew Drops - Some blue and some magenta (Karuna's Store)
3. Mungyo Watercolor crayons
4. Sakura Glaze - Black, Dark
blue
5. Sizzix Embossing Folder, Fancy Tags dies by Spellbinder (Imaginations Store)
6. Popcorn Pen by Artoons, Reynolds
7. Pie Lane - Glitter Balls and Frosted tear drop crystals (Jovi's Creativita Store)
8. Itsy Bitsy star shaped button
9. Anchor Thread in Metallic Copper
10. Big Shot (Imaginations Store)
11. Heat Gun (Karuna's Store)
12. Glitter Podge

Disclaimer: Nothing was harmed in creating this card :)

Challenges 



17 comments:

  1. This is awesome.. Love reading your blog posts Kalindi... They are so much of fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! U know how to use your craft supplies to the max..! ;)
    And the card is supppperrrrrrr cute! the teddy sitting on top of the tag is an amazing idea! Love you pop corn pens!! Its a new thing for me.. never heard of it before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read & a lovely card.... Totally festive with a lovely tree.... But kindly link back to the challenge.... Thank You for playing with us at ICRC13!!!

    Happy Celebrations!!!

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U r more of a writer girl ........ I look eagerly for yoyr posts to be posted.... They are kind of stressbusters for me ..... Super cute and simple card.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creation and your writing style grips!! Should start a novel! Are the popcorn pens an imported buy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i love your card... your drawing skills always leave me amazed such a cute teddy!!love the way you have acheived the snow effect...and your writing skills are a class in its own...you manage to bring a smile everytime:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my my!! Now that is awesome and scary too..I knew that heat gun is a multiple use item..but to melt rum balls? next thing I know you'd be using it for Cream brulee!
    And now you've got me singing..I want a hippopotamus for Christmas...it took me so long to get it out of my head!!!
    The card is just awesome!!! Love the sponging of the clouds, the glitter balls, the colors on the bear...*sigh*I love the execution of the card..
    and don't worry darlin..You'll meet a good soul who will adore you for the crazy things you do....and maybe will find some more uses for the heat gun...to re-heat his food when you're busy crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And p.s it might not qualify for the pie lane challenge...you had to use just your basic tools...no die cuts..no embossing folders!!
    give it a go without using the sizzix folder..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That tree is AMAZING! LOVE the pink color--so fun! :) Fabulous job--and thank you so much for telling us what type of pen makes the snowy look--I've been wondering and WANTING one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic!! Love your colours and design, fab!! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. kisi khoobsoorat ladki ko dene k liye kuch banao na .... ? :)

    I m there to buy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me laughing out~loud! So funny! Love your cards too! Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Love the way you decorated your tree with the beaded garland! Super creative! Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our 'Holly Jolly' challenge! Good Luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/FFF-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card.......perfect for our AnnaBella challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week. Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a gorgeous card! Love the little teddy poking his head out from behind the Christmas tree!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card, Thank you so much for joining us over at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your adorable creation. Good luck in the draw.
    Merry Christmas
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute cared :) Thanks for joining us in our last Inkspirations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you for going through my blog .. :)
I read all the comments ... :D I love all of them...
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing what you feel ... :)