Followers

Friday, March 09, 2012

Sliding off my satin sheets !! ;)

There's a thing about country music ..carefree, an air devoid of moisture but indefinable profundity..
The more I explore my Mac the more I fall in love with it..
Just a glimpse .. 

I remember daddy's hands how they held my mama tight
And patted my back for something done right
There are things that I'd forgotten that I loved about the man
But I'll always remember the love in daddy's hands
(Holly Dunn)


Anyhow, all those who don't use Mac but have Itunes and a great internet package with good speed ..here's a tip for you if you love music as much as anyone can love ..why don't you explore the radio on the list of library? You will find over 5000 streams with unlimited categories of music. 

That apart ..I have been crafting ..rather consistently, to my surprise for sure !
The Beyond Grey Inspiration card is just one of the many things..happening in life. 
Even though it's a small black card..it took a lot of patience and irritated sessions of paper wastage..
I could sulk about it and rejoice as well ..for its numerous elements.
I like the upcycled itsy bitsy blooms..the overall look but you have to know that I went through a depressing hour ..and what was left with me as the card base was just 1/3 of the original black cardstock..with every mistake I trimmed off an inch :P
Therefore its measures barely 3" by 6" ( nothing is ever a standard for me !!)
The background basket weave of papers was also trimmed just like that to fit the card ..but it was fun and it looks just fine to me..
I dont even wish to mention the centre tag/medallion/diecut with the sentiment ! :S
The lace and the flowers turned out well enough.


Lets focus on the positive aspects :P
The blooming blooms that were made using the basic die cut flowers from Itsy Bitsy remain the only thing bearable on this card..
The blingy flourish and the green punch pattern go fairly well with the card.


Supplies Used
Distress Inks : Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick, Black Soot ( Khyati's Store)
Die cut : Papermania ( Local purchase)
Patterned Paper: Papermania ( Local purchase)
Flowers : Itsy Bitsy ( Itsy Bitsy)
Grey lace: Local purchase
Green and black cardstock: Local purchase
Bling : local purchase
Stamp : Inkadinkado ( Khyati's Store)

Hope you will like this attempt
Dying to hear your critical remarks on this one :D
See ya soon ..while I go back to my country music.

Ciao

6 comments:

  1. I think it turned out well...considering that this time the challenge is really tough...it took me sometime ( read almost a week)to come up with a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The full view of the card is fab.. I like your handmade flowers alot! Its fun to read your posts.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely love it.............is the green coloured dolly is punch cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms!! I can understand the process..I do the same..but more than anything....Thank you for helping me find my lost love!! Country music...I think my afternoons are never going to be alone...oh those cowboy boots and their guitars..
    Who is your favorite? maybe I could find a new artist to listen to!! I have had a love affair with George strait for a long long time now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers look so gorgeous and the lace and colors so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you for going through my blog .. :)
I read all the comments ... :D I love all of them...
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing what you feel ... :)