Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Taking up the Challenge ... ( DT post open at BGC)

Hullo People ..
Its seems everyone is in hiding ;)
Nevermind..Challenges it is, in life and in the crafting world.. 
I for one took up the challenge of layering my cards more heavily than ever, using striking colour combination and using a larger than life embellishments. The card below is an inspiration for the BGC challenge which is still up ( Three or more colors with Handmade flower/s). Yes..Hop on to it people. 
The challenge of improving at photography is one more I forgot to list..I am actually putting in a lot of my mind in places where I didn't in the past. 
Here goes the card .. :)
 I love handstitching..thats one thing my mum literally gifted with wide open arms in my genes. 
I can say that I have learned to embroider without using knots at all :D and thats actually saying something 


The flourish is totally hand designed..I did not use any template, I just stuck the stones on my light pencil drawn pattern.


Yes flowers seem to have taken me by surprise ;)
I cut each petal, inked it and assembled it and I am proud of me.


LOOK at the mug behind my card. I LOVE THE MUG, it says I LOVE BOOKS :) and trust me I have other mugs, but these days I use this one for tea, coffee, water, soup everything. My roommate is conniving against this mug :( she wants to separate me and my MUG ! 
Anyhow, what do you think of the flower and the card ???


I like it for my initial attempt :)
But as always your comments and remarks are most welcome. 

 

Supplies Used
Distress Inks - Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo,Walnut stain, Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss, Barn Door (Khyati's Store)
Cardstock - Pink and Olive (Local Buy)
Pattern Paper (Imaginations Store)
Die Cuts (Jovi's Creativita Store)
Floral Trim  (Local Buy)
Anchor Violet Embroidery Floss (Local Buy)
Pearls ( Itsy Bitsy)
Rhinestones ( Local Buy)
Stamp- Girls Night Out (Khyati's Store)

Now something really really important ...we have one DT post vacant at Beyond Grey Challenge
Apply for it people..
2. Follow Beyond Grey challenges blog and Lightbox creative store , if ur not already a follower. 

we are looking for versatile, creative , friendly and spontaneous crafters from almost anywhere on the globe. Someone who will be capable of completing tasks on time(deadlines !! are to be met !!), Promote the challenges and try to bring in new sponsors if need be.
 As a DT u will need to Comment and appreciate all the entries to the challenges. 

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR :O ?? 

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. I loved this flower...like your others.And you always rock the bling/ pearls/ stones placement.great job this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is Sooo beautiful and the flower simply Gorgeous!!!such perfect color love the inking you have done....and the bling placement is fab....love your card !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card and flower.
    megha
    http://www.meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Like the larger than life Rose flower. Its too pretty.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you for going through my blog .. :)
I read all the comments ... :D I love all of them...
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing what you feel ... :)