Followers

Saturday, June 09, 2012

That Vintage Contrivance ;) ...

Yeah oh yeah...
No less an attainment..to make a tag that is archaic in its bearing.
I stumbled upon these wooden butterfly buttons somewhere in South Delhi ..for  30/- each ! Pricey ehh? I know..but I adore them.
Oh just so you know..I have been deluding myself with work...hence the distance.
There will come a phase when I would be completely off technology for at least a quarter of a year and I'd like that sabbatical. That phase is about to start ...
Back to this olden tag :)
If you please..notice that blending of inks..I seem to have perfected the art.
I had this cage lying for almost a year now..from Itsy Bitsy..I decided to finally distress it even more.
Now it looks like a rugged piece of work ..bars roughly smouldered to shape by some blacksmith.

  
The tiny chipboard flourishes are also from Itsy Bitsy..made copper with Stazon. The crystal flourish is hand designed and may be I'd always make them ..even if they become readily available in the market in future.


Oh and that pleated ribbon at the top..I made that too..from scratch. Didn't I say contrivance ?
The bits of embossed papers are actually leftovers from a previous card I haven't really had the heart to post for reasons unknown to me. I don't want to put forth my frailties as it happens!!
Its a simple tag with a pair of flutter-flies...
Would love to hear loads about it :)


Supplies Used
Distress Inks (Walnut Stain, Mustard Seed, Forest Moss)- Khyati Kothari's Store
Chipboard Embellishments - Itsy Bitsy
Patterned Paper - Imaginations
Sizzix Embossing Folder - Imaginations
Butterfly Buttons - Local purchase
Ribbon - Stash
Rhinestones - Local purchase
Stamp (MS sentiments) - Jovi's Creativita Store
Anchor Thread - Local purchase
Stazon Ink (Cosmic Copper, Moonlight white)- Khyati Kothari's Store
Distress embossing powder -  Khyati Kothari's Store

Do let me know if you want me to give you a tute on the distressing of cage ..
Ciao :)

8 comments:

  1. This is really classy and pretty.. love everything wooden on it.. the cage.. the butterflies... Stunning... and yes I will miss you during that quarter... :( ... *hugs*...

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its different .love your work.
    megha
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEy glad to see you back after long time.... I totally loved the rusty look of the cage.... stunning............

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful tag.... just awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless....sheer beauty...of your language and art.Love everything about this tag.I can't decide on one particular thing...and that is after spending some considerable time ogling it....darn I can't take my eyes off this.well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 word - amazing! where do u get your ideas! love the cage ... looks like it has been brought from olden times :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so elegant kalindi....amazing distressed work...love to the core !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very vintagy !!!
    U r actually a blending queen :) I have the same cage which i have kept on for more than an yr too :P just tooo nice to use ... now i guess i will have to use it aft seeing your lovely creation :)
    Good going !
    Love it a lot
    i wonder who gets this tag :P (did u hear ur heart saying my name ??? ) :P
    XO
    Poo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you for going through my blog .. :)
I read all the comments ... :D I love all of them...
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing what you feel ... :)