Followers

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Amazeballs !! :P

When you are asked to or expected to study .. 
Well the mind rummages through a junk of other things.. 
Say craft ideas, craft storage, crafty splurge and so on. 
Yes I have two hemispheres in my brain ...the left side thinks of craft and right side thinks of craft..somewhere between the two sides I think about umm..Anthropology and again I try to fit in craft over there.. he he..
So about the card.. Well you saw it at BGC challenge # 34
But there was more to it. 
Its a surprise pop-up card and some of you wanted to know what exactly is that card. 
Here's the link to the youtube tutorial. 
For those of you who wouldn't want to drag their bums to youtube..
Well its kind of a easel card ...but only a part of it ..especially the focal image stands on display instead of the complete flap.


The tag with "you fill my heart" acts as a lever. You pull it up to display the focal image on easel.


Yup I accented the paper with embroidery.
Loads of it..and I would encourage people who can embroider or who love using floss on paper.. to do it free hand and not use tools. Because we as human beings are capable of maintaining uniformity and some amount of imperfection is always more endearing !


The paper is sassafras ..count me in..wee bundle. I love it so so much that I save every bit of it. The base CS is Fabriano. Do u see that new MS embroidery punch ? :P
I bought it a year back from Joann. It took a year to reach me .. :S
So the border has black rhinestones in the centre..so not visible.


I have very few shinhan touch markers. 
So these colours are a mix of Sharpie and Shinhan. Yes I kinda drew the image seeing a digital image. 
I don't know the source but I wish to give full credit to the original creator of this image. 
I copied every bit of it the exact way. 


This is how the surprise pop-up would work once the tag is pulled.


The three yellow gingham flowers are local purchase and I love the way they perch when you pull the tag. 


Sooooo...........let me know what you think about this. 
Love 
K


10 comments:

  1. Love every bit of this card...Love the drawing, coloring, yellow flowers and the way the image pops up while the sentiment is shown :) Choooo chwweeet card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention...just love love love the embroidery...how neatly done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats an awesome one, beautiful colouring and like the imperfection part, well said:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIce you showed the pop-up part kalindi..! I loved it,a very cute version of slider pop-up and not to forget the lovely embroidery !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so soooo cute!!! :D looks flawless to me! i cant imagine how u manage to be so innovative Kalindi :) hats off to ur creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I didnt even realize how this card worked till i saw it !!! :)
    Wow kalindi ur just too good ! :) This sure looks amazing :* bug hugs !
    Poo

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, beautiful with gorgeous details. n thanks for ur encouraging words on my blog. ya hav to invest in craft supplies soon, jus finding which is the best place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its such a cute card and I love that cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its tooo cute and tooo lovely!!!! :)

    Regards,
    Bijal
    Pygmy Arts

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you for going through my blog .. :)
I read all the comments ... :D I love all of them...
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing what you feel ... :)